Wagga Wagga Base Hospitals
$282 million was spent in 2014 upgrading the hospital. In total, the new hospital (including mental health unit) will have 294 beds, an increase of 57.
- The acute services building has a floor area of 30,000 square metres;
- Aeromedical helicopters will land on the top floor of the hospital, level seven;
- Ambulances will access the hospital along Yathong Street and Lewis Drive;
- There will be six operating theatres and two procedure rooms, a doubling of what is in the current hospital;
- There will be six birthing suites and three birthing baths. At the moment there are three birthing suites and no birthing baths.