Non-Compliance Issue with connection of Fusion Advanced’s fire panels to Hochiki Australia Analogue Sensors
Hochiki Australia continues to receive inquiries from customers about compatibility and compliance of Hochiki Australia’s AS approved Analogue Sensors with Fusion Advanced's fire panels.
Hochiki Australia has not commissioned any independent third party testing of the compatibility of Hochiki Australia’s AS approved Analogue Sensors with Fusion Advanced's fire panels.
Hochiki Australia’s AS approved Analogue Sensors (excluding HRE protocol sensors and Conventional Detectors) are compatible, tested and approved for use with following fire control panels.
• Manufacturer Kidde Australia Pty Ltd/Model: NFP1&2, Phoenix, FIRENET
• Manufacturer Kentec Electronics Ltd /Model: Syncro AS, Taktis
Hochiki Australia's AS approved Analogue Sensors have been certified as conforming with Australian Standards when connected and used only with the compatible fire control panels listed above, as indicated in the ActivFire Certificates of Conformity for Hochiki Australia’s AS approved Analogue Sensors.
- As such, conformity of Hochiki Australia's AS approved Analogue Sensors with Australian Standards is not certified when connected or used with other fire control panels, including Fusion Advanced's fire panels.
As a result:
• any Fusion Advanced fire panels being retrofitted to an existing Hochiki Analogue detection installation; and
• any new installation of a fire detection and alarm system consisting of Hochiki Australia AS approved Analogue Sensors connected with Fusion Advanced fire panels,
will not meet the requirements of AS 1670.1-2015 Fire detection warning control and intercom systems – System design installation and commissioning standard, and therefore not comply with the National Construction Code.
Without limiting any rights that consumers may have under the Australian Consumer Law, Hochiki Australia:
(a) does not guarantee the proper operation of any Hochiki Australia AS approved Analogue sensor to which a fire control panel which is not listed in the ActivFire Certificates of Conformity for Hochiki Australia's AS approved Analogue sensors has been connected or retrofitted; and
(b) will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by the connection or retrofitting of non-compliant fire panels to its Analogue detection systems in Australia.
Hochiki Australia will be notifying all customers of this issue as well as State and Regional Fire Brigade departments, Fire Protection Association Australia and building insurance companies.
Please contact us for further information on Hochiki Australia's AS approved Analogue Sensors and compatibility with fire control panels.